Saribung Peak Climbing ( 6328m)
Saribung peak climbing is newly popular trekking peak in Mid Western of Nepal. The hight of Mt.Saribung Peak is (6,328 m) it lies in just north east from Lo-Manthang near to border of Nepal and Tibet. Saribung trekking is quit challenging while the trails is all the way up to Saribung peak but, it is not including the practically harder.
Reaching the summit of Mt. Saribung (6328m) is the ideal expedition for those wishing to get off the beaten path trek and ascend a peak that, to date, only a handful of climbers have reached. Saribung is located in remote Damodar Himal, close to the border with China (Tibet). Saribung Peak Climbing is a challenging Mountain trekking, although the ascent of Saribung Peak is without technical difficulties. The route initially follows the Jomsom to Mustang before heading off into the wilds of Nar Khola Valley. The trails are rugged, at times cutting high into cliff sides, and we pass villages that have changed little over the centuries. We trek to Phu after ascend to Saribung Peak and Crossing Saribung Pass. Our return route follows by traversing Saribung Pass and descending to the Nar Phu.
Is it right for me?
This Saribung Expedition is aimed at people who want a unique experience with an emphasis on trekking with a few days of climbing thrown into the mix. There is little or no timed planned to be stuck in a bus, car or city, as we have maximised the number of days in the field. You will enjoy a fully supported, full service camping trek style expedition. A high level of supervision is given on the climbing sections, so little technical expertise is necessary with top guides and sherpas on the job. Fitness is the key consideration with endurance being the most important factor in long expeditions to the Himalayas. If you are fit and motivated but lack technical climbing skills or suitable experience we have options to keep you safe and get you as far up the mountain as possible.
Any expedition that goes to 6328m requires a VERY HIGH level of aerobic fitness. Your resting heart rate should be below 65 but preferably below 55. You should be able to cover 20km on flat ground in under 2.5 hours and walk with a very light pack for 100km in less than 24 hours on a mixture of flat and hilly terrain (e.g. Trail Blazer). Endurance and the ability to carry a heavy pack in training of up to 20kg is more important than sprint ability. Upper body strength will not be a big factor in this climb, more legs and lungs. You should be capable of completing the SA Trailblazer 50km in 9 hours or less or the 100km in less than 24 hours. This could be an excellent goal to set yourself and your team mates to prepare yourself for the trip.
Day 01 : Arrival in Kathmandu. Overnight in Hotel
Day 02 : Morning briefing & Fly to Pokhara. Overnight in Hotel B
Day 03 : Fly Pokhara to Jomsom and Trek to Kagbeni (2800m) 3h camp [245m ascent - 140m descent]. Overnight in Tent
Day 04 : Trek Kagbeni to Chele (3075m) 6h 30 camp [920m ascent - 240m descent] Overnight in Tent
Day 05 : Trek Chele - Geling (3560m) 7h camp [1270m ascent - 785m descent] Overnight in Tent
Day 06 : Geling - Dhakmar (3820m) [735m ascent – 500m descent] Overnight in Tent
Day 07 : Dhakmar - Tsarang (3580m) 7h camp [370m ascent - 575m desent] Overnight in Tent
Day 08 : Tsarang - Lo Manthang (3809m) 5h camp [350m ascent - 125m descent] Overnight in Tent
Day 09 : Lo Manthang - Yara (3,900m)[280m ascent - 700m descent] Overnight in Tent
Day 10 : Yara - Luri Gompa (3500m) 5h camp [535m ascent - 50m descent] Overnight in Tent
Day 11 : Luri Gompa - Ghuma Thanti (4856m) 6h [1 050m ascent - 200m descent] Overnight in Tent
Day 12 : Ghuma Thanti - Parsche Khola(4200m) 4h [575m ascent - 350m descent] Overnight in Tent
Day 13 : Parsche Khola - Damodar Kunda (4890m) 5h. Overnight in Tent
Day 14 : Damodar Kunda to Base camp (5240m) 3h [270m ascent] Overnight in Tent
Day 15 : Base camp – Moraine Camp (5720m) 5h [530m ascent - 50m descent] Overnight in Tent
Day 16 : Moraine Camp – Saribung Pass (6042m) - Saribung Peak (6328m) - Bhrihuti BC (5070M) 12h [610m ascent – 1 260m descent] Overnight in Tent
Day 17 : Bhrihuti Base Camp - Phu (3995m) 6h [200m ascent – 1 100m descent] Overnight in Tent
Day 18 : Phu Rest Day - Overnight in Tent
Day 19 : Phu - Mahendra Pul (3425m) 5h 30 [510m ascent – 1 080m descent] Overnight in Tent
Day 20 : Mahendra Pul - Kang La Phedi (4500m) via – Naar (4100m) 6h [1 175m ascent – 100m descent] Overnight in Tent
Day 21 : Kang La Phedi - Kang La (5320m) - Ngawal (3750m) 7h [820m ascent - 1 570m descent] Overnight in Tent
Day 22 : Ngawal - Gyaru - Brathang (2840m) 6h [300m ascent - 1 210m descent] Overnight in Tent
Day 23 : Brathang - Dharapani (1900 m) 6h 30 [400m ascent - 800m descent] Overnight in Tent
Day 24 : Dharapani - Syange (1050m) 6h 30 [450m ascent - 1 250m descent] Overnight in Tent
Day 25 : Drive Syange to Besisahar and Kathmandu Overnight in Hotel
Day 26 : Free Day in Kathmandu Overnight in Hotel BD
Day 27 : Final departure B
Detail itinerary will update soon.
- Airport pick up and Drop by private car/van/bus.
- 3 nights hotel in Kathmandu with bed and breakfast basis.
- City tours as mentioned in the itinerary with English speaking guide and all land transportation with private car/jeep/van.
- 1 night hotel in Pokhara with bed & breakfast included.
- Accommodation in tented camp during the trekking.
- Hygienic food ( Breakfast,lunch & dinner) with hot drinks: coffee,tea,lemon etc during the trek.
- Salary, insurance, trekking equipment,bus tickets, food and accmodation for all staffs.
- Camping equipments: Tents,matress,utensiles,table, chairs etc.
- Flight fare Kathmandu to Pohara and Pokhara to Jomsom.
- Jagat to Besisahar and Besisahar to Kathmandu by bus.
- An experienced & professional English speaking climbing guide,chef cook and porters.
- All necessary formalities and trekking permits for Mustang restricted area.
- Climbing permit for Saribung peak,special permit for Nar Phu Valley restricted area and ACAP entry permits.
- All government and local taxes will be paid by our company.
- Welcome and farewell dinner in Kathmandu.
- International air fare to Nepal.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu & Pokhara.
- Personal clothing & equipments.
- Nepal entry visa fee $40. ( during 60 days from the date of issue.)
- Travel insurance and helicopter charter in any cases but if you want us to arrange
- Items of personal nature. ( Personal Expenses)
- Any kinds of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, phone call, internet, laundry etc.
- Tips for your crews ( Guide, porter and driver)
The projects consists of a vast suite of classic mid format celluloid film portraits of tribes people in the Omo Valley in southwest Ethiopia, near the Sudanese border, a grim and unforgiving, unaccessible roadless area which Claes Britton has also visited, on a river expedition back in 1988. The projects consists of a vast suite of classic mid format celluloid film portraits of tribes people in the Omo Valley in southwest Ethiopia, near the Sudanese border, a grim and unforgivvisited, on a river expedition back in 1988. The projects consists of a vast suite of classic mid format celluloid film portraits of tribes people in the Omo Valley in southwest Ethiopia, near the Sudanese border, a grim and unforgiving, unaccessible roadless area which Claes.