Annapurna Circuit and Upper Mustang Trek is one of the most stunningly beautiful, life-changing experiences you can have on your travels. Since the trail opened in 1977, most trekkers have followed an Annapurna Circuit+Upper Mustang itinerary. The trek begins in Chame over the Thorong-La pass to Muktinath, Lo Manthang & Jomsom valley.
For scenery and cultural diversity, this has long been considered the best trek in Nepal and one of the world’s classic walks. It follows the Marsyangdi valley to the north of the main Himalayan range. Crosses a 5416m pass to descend into the dramatic desert-like, Tibetan-style scenery of the upper Kali Gandaki Valley.
If you’re expecting to stay at the Shangri-La, you’ll be disappointed. If you apply a little common sense and realise the Annapurna circuit + Upper mustang trek is pretty remote. You’ll be satisfied with the basic accommodation options available. Guest houses and teahouses are dotted along the whole trek.
The Round Annapurna to Upper Mustang Trek is once in a lifetime experience and is worth every penny you pay for. Annapurna +Mustang attracts more and more trekkers each year because of its untouched natural beauty and cultural lifestyle. We Adventure Connexion therefore highly recommend that you visit Mustang+Annapurna and be a part of the journey you’ve never experienced before. Please do not hesitate to contact us.
Annapurna + Upper Mustang Trek Highlights
- Descend into one of the deepest gorge’s in the world – the Kali Gandhaki
- Reach 5,400 m over Thorung La, the highest point of the trek
- Experiencing both Nepalese and Tibetan cultures and Hindu and Buddhist religions
- Pilgrimage town of Muktinath
- Stay at quaint villages and towns of ethic people
- You will have spiritual feel walking through many Gompas, chortens, flapping prayer flags, caves, rock paintings, and century-old monasteries.
- Amazing Landscapes and the Himalayas.
- Ancient Tibetan Buddhism, Chortens.
- You will walk back to the history of Lo Manthang after exploring the palace of king Lo.
- Walk to rain shadow area of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges.