Annapurna Circuit to Upper Mustang Trek is one of the most stunningly beautiful, life-changing experiences you can have on your travels. Since the trail opened in 1977, most trekkers have followed an Annapurna Circuit to Upper Mustang itinerary. The trek begins in Chame over the Thorong-La pass to Muktinath, Lo Manthang & Jomsom valley.
For scenery and cultural diversity, this has long been considered the best trek in Nepal and one of the world’s classic walks. It follows the Marsyangdi valley to the north of the main Himalayan range. Crosses a 5416m pass to descend into the dramatic desert-like, Tibetan-style scenery of the upper Kali Gandaki Valley.
The Annapurna Circuit to Upper Mustang Trek is once in a lifetime experience and is worth every penny you pay for. Annapurna & Mustang attracts more and more trekkers each year because of its untouched natural beauty and cultural lifestyle.
The Round Annapurna to Upper Mustang trek has a difficulty grade of moderate level. This is not as comfortable as the easy treks nor as difficult as the strenuous level treks. However, you can modify the difficulty level of the Upper Mustang trek like most treks to a certain degree to suit your needs.
Your guide at Mustang Trekking makes sure that your mustang adventure is a fantastic experience. Your Annapurna Circuit to Upper Mustang Trek itinerary begins with your arrival in Kathmandu. The following day, you will reach Jagat. Your trek starts from Jagat and end in Jomsom. Book your trek now.
Annapurna + Upper Mustang Trek Highlights
- Descend into one of the deepest gorge’s in the world – the Kali Gandhaki
- Reach 5,400 m over Thorung La, the highest point of the trek
- Experiencing both Nepalese and Tibetan cultures and Hindu and Buddhist religions
- Pilgrimage town of Muktinath
- Stay at quaint villages and towns of ethic people
- You will have spiritual feel walking through many Gompas, chortens, flapping prayer flags, caves, rock paintings, and century-old monasteries.
- Amazing Landscapes and the Himalayas.
- Ancient Tibetan Buddhism, Chortens.
- You will walk back to the history of Lo Manthang after exploring the palace of king Lo.
- Walk to rain shadow area of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges.