Upper Mustang Trek - Lodge Trek
The historical remote Upper Mustang Trek unseal the once Forbidden Kingdom of Mustang, tucked away from the rest of the world, lies just north of the main Himalayan range of Nepal. Mustang is a mystic land in the rain shadow area of Nepal. Upper Mustang, with topography and culture resembling Tibet has many unique features and attractions. Mustang is an ancient Himalayan Kingdom which lies in the northern central part of Nepal and at the top of the Kaligandaki River. Upper Mustang consists of two distinct regions: the southern part and the northern where the languages, culture and traditions are alike to those of the Tibetan people. Upper Mustang is consider as one of the most interesting and picturesque places in Nepal. The whole area has an isolated and mystical feel to it, enchanting and inspiring visitors to this region. The major attraction of Upper Mustang is the walled city of Lo-Manthang. Upper Mustang was a separate kingdom within Nepal until the time of Monarchy till 2006 and even after the downfall of Monarchy this small Tibetan settlement has the same respect for their King Jigme Paramal Bista. The trek to Lo-Manthang is through high altitude desert country climbing in and out of the huge sided valley of the Kali Gandaki. In places the gorge which the Kali Gandaki River runs through is the deepest in the world. This region is full of some of Nepal's oldest Buddhist Monasteries, ancient and isolated villages with quaint white washed houses .
Highlights of this trip
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel[1300 m / 4264 ft]
Day 02: Kathmandu: Sightseeing and Trek Preparation
Day 03: Kathmandu to Pokhara [823m/2,700ft]: 6 hrs drive
Day 04: Fly to Jomsom & trek to Kagbeni [2,858m/9,375ft]: 3-4 hrs
Day 05: Kagbeni to chele [3050m/10,004ft]: 5-6 hrs
Day 06: Chele to Syanbochen [3475m/11,398ft]: 6-7 hrs
Day 07: Syanbochen to Ghami [3520m/11,546ft]: 5-6 hrs
Day 08: Ghami to Charang [3500m/11,480ft]: 4-5 hrs
Day 09: Charang to Lo-Mangthang (3700m/12,136ft): 5-6 hrs
Day 10: Explore Lo-Mangthang
Day 11: Lo-Mangthang to Yara [3810 m/12,500ft]: 6-7 hrs
Day 12: Rest Day at Yara visit Luri Gompa. Overnight at Lodge
Day 13: Trek Yara to Tange (3320).5-6 hours. Overnight at Lodge. Overnight at Lodge
Day 14: Trek Tange (3320) to Chhuksang (3310m). 9 - 10 hours Overnight at Lodge
Day 15: Trek from Chhusang to Muktinath 3,710 m / 6-7 hours. Overnight at Lodge
Day 16: Trek Muktinath to Jomsom 2720m/5 hours. Overnight at Lodge
Day 17: Fly from Jomsom to Pokhara 820m and rest time at Pokhara. Overnight at hotel
Day 18: Drive back Pokhara to Kathmandu 1340m/5-6 hours. Overnight at Hotel
Day 19: Final departure from Kathmandu
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements. Please contact us for the full detailed day by day proposal with price, includes and excludes. The price are differ as per the standard of the hotel accommodation we use for this tour..
- Airport pick up and Drop by private car/van/bus.
- 3 nights accommodation in Kathmandu with bed and breakfast basis.
- 2 nights accommodation in Pokhara with bed and breakfast basis.
- Your standard meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking.
- All necessary paper works and conservation entry permits.
- Special Trekking Permit US$ 500 per person for 10 days (the above price includes 10 days valid trekking permit from Kagbeni to Kagbeni. If you would wish to stay more than 10 days in restricted area, you are subjected to extra charge for extra days (US$ 50 per day / per person).
- Annapurna conservation fee
- Kathmandu - Pokhara - Kathmandu private vehicle.
- Pokhara - Jomsom - Pokhara flight fare.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses..
- An experienced Government licensed guide and porters (1 porter for 2 peoples).
- Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Fare well dinner with typical Nepali restaurant
- All government taxes.
- International air fare to Nepal.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu & Pokhara.
- Personal clothing & equipments.
- Nepal entry visa fee $40. ( during 60 days from the date of issue.)
- Travel insurance and helicopter charter in any cases but if you want us to arrange
- Items of personal nature. ( Personal Expenses)
- Any kinds of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, phone call, internet, laundry etc.
- Tips for your crews ( Guide, porter and driver)