The Tiji Festival Jeep Tour for 12 days starts from Jomsom on 4WD drive and takes you to the remote area of Nepal and almost to the border of Tibet. With its gentle Buddhist people, medieval city centers strewn with temples, outstanding national parks offering a plethora of wildlife and some of the worlds most outstanding natural landscapes, Nepal has proven irresistible to travellers for decades.
A highlight of a visit to Lo Manthang is the Tiji Festival, a three-day ritual known as the ‘chasing of the demons’, held here during the summer. Centered on the Tiji myth, which tells the story of a deity named Dorje Jono who battles against his demon father to save the Kingdom of Mustang from destruction, Loba villagers converge on the capital to participate in masked dances, offering prayers and celebrating a new season.
Tiji Festival Jeep Tour Highlights:
- Upper Mustang trekking is yet restricted area trekking trail in Nepal.
- Sightseeing tours of historical UNESCO World heritage sites in Kathmandu.
- Scenic flight Kathmandu – Pokhara – Jomsom – Kathmandu.
- 7 days off-road adventure drive ( Jomsom – Lo Manthang – Jomsom)
- Visit Historical place including Kagbeni and Lo-Manthang.
- Observe 3 days Tiji Festivals in Upper Mustang.
- Very beautiful backdrop of Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri.
- Best views of Himalayas range.
- Visit Holy Muktinath temple
- International & domestic airport transfers as per the itinerary.
- 3 nights accommodation in Kathmandu on twin sharing basis on BB plan.
- 2 nights accommodation in Pokhara on twin sharing basis on BB plan.
- Kathmandu city tour by professional english speaking cultural tour guide.
- Kathmandu – Pokhara – Kathmandu domestic flight.
- Pokhara – Jomsom – Pokhara Flight.
- 4WD Jeep Jomsom to Lo-Manthang and drive back to Jomsom by Toyota Landcruiser.
- 3 meals a day during the trekking (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) as mention in itinerary.
- Accommodation while trekking in twin sharing basis in guesthouses.
- Annapurna conservation area permit and TIMS card.
- Upper Mustang Restricted area permit fee.
- Professional government lisence holder English speaking trekking guide.
- Salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transportation and insurance for official crew.
- Sleeping bag and duffel bag during the trek. (Refundable after finish the trip)
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government and local taxes.
- Nepal Visa fee (Bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Meals in Kathmandu & Pokhara other than breakfast.
- Travel insurance.
- Items and expenses of personal nature
- Any kind of alcoholic drinks, hot shower, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
- If you use a Pony, all donation, Camera Fees during festival.
- Hot shower during the trip.
- Personal trekking equipment
- Tips for guide, porters, driver.